The estimated cost of mental ill health to UK employers each year is between £33 billion and £42 billion.
Additionally a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development study highlighted the impact that mental ill health can have on organisations. It found that:
- 37% of sufferers are more likely to get into conflict with colleagues
- 57% find it harder to juggle multiple tasks
- 80% find it difficult to concentrate
- 62% take longer to do tasks
- 50% are potentially less patient with customers/clients.
For more information, visit the ACAS website below.