Gattica were involved during the preliminary design Stage 3 to coordinate the interactions between the highways design team and the affected utilities infrastructure owners/operators to minimise the impact on the proposed works ahead of the detailed design stage and advise client on various raised utility matters.
As part of the project we examined the impact of the proposed scheme alignment on the existing utility infrastructure as captured in the area. Advised on high-level budgets, timings, survey and land requirements. Gattica liaised closely with the affected Statutory Undertakers to establish the best approach and strategy to reduce the impact of the existing services on the scheme.
Our Key Responsibilities
- Undertake C2 searches of the scheme area to obtain utility maps from all of the Statutory Undertakers that are affected within the project area
- Produce a composite Existing Services Drawing (ESD) AutoCAD Model and undertake a clash assessment against each Design Fix as the scheme design was progressing
- Produce a utilities clash register with all recorded clashes including details of the type of the affected service, approximate position, as well as provide a high-level cost estimate, risk & programme analysis of any potential utility diversions
- Issue NRSWA Compliant C3/C4 applications to all identified as affected STATS companies and update clash register with C3/C4 returns
- Liaison with plant protection and specialised utility consultants to seek for technical assurance on affected high level risk utility infrastructure
- Produce a 2D diversion drawing based on C3 returns & engineering solutions
- Updated National Highways PCF products as required throughout the project development