The Grade II-listed Hammersmith Town Hall is to be transformed into a civic campus for residents which will have homework space for local children, start up space for local entrepreneurs, and space that can be used for many community activities throughout the week - such as a pop up art gallery.
The planning committee at Hammersmith & Fulham Council approved the plans to revive the western end of King Street . The plans include an extension and full refurbishment of the Grade ll listed building. The project is a joint venture between Hammersmith & Fulham Council and A2 Dominion, and will include the following:
- A new four-screen cinema, with room for cafes, shops and restaurants built on the existing cinema and car park site
- 204 new homes of which 52 per cent will be classified as genuinely affordable for local residents
- A new public rooftop bar and restaurant
- New community art and event spaces
- New affordable, flexible office spaces for start-up businesses
- New public space for performances and events in front of the restored Town Hall
- New homework spaces for children and students
- Inclusively designed buildings to ensure full access for Disabled people
- Eco-friendly buildings to minimise carbon footprint and cut fuel bills.
Gattica Associates Responsibilities
- Identify existing utilities within the boundary of the development
- Liaise with relevant utility providers to obtain budget quotations for diversion works and lowering works for the existing infrastructure.
- Assist the MEP with new connections, phasing and spatial requirements for new site infrastructure and supplies.